Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I, for one, welcome our death-dealing barking robot overlords

http://feeds.we-make-money-not-art.com/wmmna?m=895
I know quake is free now, but couldn't they have trained it on a copy of the sims instead?


update: I can't find the article anywhere now. Found it in my feed reader, it was about scientists who were growing a neural net using cultured dog brain slices. They were supposedly training it by using a grid of electrodes somehow connected to a game of quake. The more I think about it, the fishier it sounds. Having read recently about how neural nets actually work when used by scientists, it is hard to believe bunging some electrodes in -> playing a rendered 3d game. I will try to be more careful in the future. This article was something I found and wrote about while on the subway, so I couldn't read further about it first.